Saturday 4 February 2012


L’HEURE BLEUE

I shall confine myself to giving the simplest statement of my views.
With the horse chlorophyll came the terrible accents in the west so
We said a prayer at dusk and drank the water in the City of Confusion.


But, what would the Duke of Zhou have said? At a certain point
He left things alone: An extremely dangerous angelic temptation
To meddle. I am content, then, simply to mention the Chinese prejudice


Thereby rendered imperfect; at least poetry is maths for us;
For who can mark, after the event, the exact point?
We were… almost altogether wrong. The basic error is…


The Duke of Zhou when, fighting against insomnia, reflected thus:
These are the hours of the days of the years vanishing into the blue.
The tools in the zenith  at dawn thus with the lotus pool encircling


The winding corridors. Supersubtle nature does it in her way;
I would have done it differently, though, in the inhuman manner.




No comments:

Post a Comment